Shares of TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:AMTD) ended Tuesday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -0.62 points or -1.89% at $32.10 with 1.97 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $32.69, the shares hit an intraday low of $31.87 and an intraday high of $32.81 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $17.02 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 526.36 million shares.
On September 6, 2016 TD Ameritrade, Inc. invites college students nationwide to compete in the third-annual thinkorswim® Challenge. Students can register to participate in the simulated trading competition, which is designed to help teach the next generation of investors about engaging with the market.
“The thinkorswim Challenge allows students a real-time, virtual trading experience with investing that’s invaluable for getting an early sense of what managing money can be like,” said Nicole Sherrod, managing director of trading at TD Ameritrade.
The thinkorswim Challenge is offered through TD Ameritrade U, an award-winning educational program for professors and college-run organizations that provides free access to paperMoney®, the virtual trading version of the thinkorswim desktop and mobile applications – both of which are recognized as industry-leading technology for sophisticated traders.
“This program is all about action and helping students to prepare for life after graduation,” adds Sherrod. “It’s fascinating to see what the students can do. Last year’s winning team turned a 163% profit in just four weeks.”
Shares of Vereit Inc (NYSE:VER) ended Tuesday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.20 points or 1.91% at $10.65 with 7.86 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $10.48, the shares hit an intraday low of $10.44 and an intraday high of $10.65 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $10.39 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 965.19 million shares.
Vereit Inc (VER) on Aug. 3, 2016 announced its operating results for the three months ending June 30, 2016, as well as progress on its business plan.
Second Quarter 2016 Highlights
- Net Income of $3.2 million and Net Loss per diluted share of $(0.02)
- Achieved $0.19 AFFO per diluted share
- Completed $175.4 million of dispositions at an average cash cap rate of 7.1%
- Reduced Net Debt to Normalized EBITDA from 6.7x to 6.6x
- Cole Capital® raised $138.7 million of new equity capital
- Issued $1.0 billion of senior notes and entered into a $300 million term loan to redeem the Company’s senior notes due 2017
- Due to the early refinancing, the Company is narrowing its previously issued 2016 AFFO per diluted share guidance range of $0.75 – $0.80 to $0.75 – $0.78